_The Geo-Services feature provides the Alarm.com app user with a variety of alerts based on the user's physical proximity to the alarm system. Physical proximity is established by setting up a virtual “fence” around the alarm system's location, and alerts are triggered by passing over the boundary of this virtual fence.
Current features include:
- Arming reminders: Alerts when the system is armed or disarmed based on entering or leaving the virtual fence
- Thermostat control: Automatic adjustments to target temperature on a Z-Wave thermostat based on entering or leaving the virtual fence (Z-Wave devices and Premium Control plan required for this feature)
- Automate Video Recording: On/Off based on entering or leaving the virtual fence (Cameras and Complete 2.0 plan required).
Requirements to use Geo-Services:
- A Mobile Pro or Total Home monitoring plan.
- -iPhone 4 or higher with the latest version of the Alarm.com app (download link)
- -Android v 2.1 or higher with the latest version of the Alarm.com app (download link)
Currently, the Alarm.com apps for [Windows Phone]and [Blackberry] do not include the Geo-Services feature. Work is being done to add this feature.
Follow the steps below to enable the Geo-Services:
1. Open the "Mobile" tab and then the "Geo-Services" sub-tab. In the 3rd red highlighted area, follow the instructions
2. Download the Alarm.com app and enable Geo-Services in the settings:
3. On your Alarm.com account, new information will be displayed. It will give you settings to adjust the size of your fence and set up specific commands for when you leave the fence. If you want to understand these setting in further detail, select the "Question Mark" or "Camera Icon" on the right side of the page.