TSB #: 110316
RE: IQ PANEL 1.6.2 SOFTWARE UPDATE
RELEASE NOTES & UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS
• Includes 1.6.1 features and improvements. If updating directly from 1.5.3 please see also 1.6.1 release notes
• Weekly & Monthly “Communication Test” setting fully integrated
• Added support for the new Remote Panic feature from the Alarm.com Mobile App
PhotoFrame Specific Changes
• New and existing systems will default the PhotoFrame display type setting to “Weather/Clock”
• Removed all custom photos from existing systems to clear any overs-sized photo media files
• Reduced custom photo individual file size limit from 1MB to 400KB maximum
• Changed display during Armed Away state to only show Qolsys Home screen
• Modified Wi-Fi reconnection process to improve overall system performance
• Fixed a connection error between IQ Panel and IQ2
• Improved memory usage handling to fix system freeze issue
• Improved handling of panel time re-syncing
• Fixed an issue in 1.6.1 where Image Sensors learned into Group 25 did not display correctly on Alarm.com
• Changed the Z-Wave function “Delete Device from Panel” to “Delete Failed Device”
Compatibility Note: This is an incremental update. Your IQ Panel must be on software version Q1.5.1 , 1.5.2, 1.5.3 or 1.6.1 and connected to
Wi-Fi to install this update wirelessly. If your panel's software version is Q1.4.3 or lower you will need to update to 1.5.1 or higher before
you will be able to update to 1.6.2. IQ2’s that are paired with the IQ Panel will automatically be updated to the latest IQ2 1.6.2 software
after the 1.6.2 IQ Panel software is applied.
1- Touch "Settings"
2- Enter a valid installer code (default is 1111)
3- Touch "Installation"
4- Touch "Upgrade Software"
5 -Touch “Patch Tag” and enter the patch systest162 then touch Done, then OK
6- Touch "Upgrade Using Network" (panel must be connected to Wi-Fi) Update will download and install
7- Once complete touch "OK" to reboot the panel. DO NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN ON THE IQ PANEL OR IQ2(s). The update process
will take approximately 5 minutes. After the panel reboots the home screen will appear and the buttons will turn green. If IQ2‘s are paired
with the panel they will automatically update within 10 minutes of the IQ Panel update. DO NOT TOUCH THE IQ2(s) DURING THIS
TIME. Do not power down or use the panel during this time.
TSB #: 110416
RE: IQ2 1.6.2 SOFTWARE UPDATE
RELEASE NOTES & UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS
• Added “Night Settings” app for users to customize screen display sleep and wake-up times.
• Added brightness controls to IQ2 “Apps” page
• Improved Wi-Fi connection stability between the IQ Panel and IQ2 secondary panels
• Enhanced two-way encryption for communications between the IQ Panel and IQ2 secondary panels
• Added automatic re-sync of time and weather display following updates to IQ2
• Fixed an issue with some IQ2 Alarm Videos not being viewable
• Fixed IQ2 display absent issue during Long Entry Delays
• Fixed minor issue with exit delays occasionally not displaying on IQ2
• Removed unrelated FAQ’s from IQ display “Help” page
• IQ2 software version now properly displayed on IQ Panel and on Alarm.com after software update
• Fixed misspelling of the month October
Compatibility Note: IQ2’s that are already paired with an IQ Panel will automatically be updated to the IQ2 1.6.2 software after the 1.6.2 IQ
Panel software is applied. To manually update an IQ2 to 1.6.2 software first pair the IQ2 with an IQ Panel running version 1.6.2, then follow
the steps below:
1) From the IQ Panel touch "Settings"
2) Enter a valid installer code (default is 1111)
3) Touch "Installation"
4) Touch "Upgrade Software"
5) Touch “Patch Tag” and enter the patch iq216 then touch Done, then OK
6) Touch "IQ2 Panel Upgrade Using Network" and the update will download
7) Press OK when prompted to send the update over the WI-FI network to any IQ2’s that are paired with the panel.
8) Follow the on screen prompts on the IQ2 to accept and install the 1.6.2 update. Once installed the the IQ2 will relaunch the software.
Verify that it has been successfully updated by going to Settings>About. The Software Version should read: 1.6.2